ENTRANCE TO DAOSHEEN'S CHAMBER
The Chamber of Daosheen... a place that few have seen. -- Bonzz
Search Bonzz's Site by typing a keyword(s) in the box below.
This solo task is for access to Skylance: Daosheen's Chamber.
This is an individual endeavor, but you may need help in order to complete the task (for the drops)!
This is an "optional" step for access to Deathknell progression.
1) ARCSTONE, ISLE OF THE SPIRITS: You are looking for Apprentice Mage Sarcrynn (Level 70).
Sarcrynn is located wandering about the area near the Relic zone line.
You do not have to have this task before you obtain the items, but I recommend that you go ahead and get it to save bank and bag space.
Simply hail Sarcrynn and follow along, or just try saying "What real magic" to select the task called "Entrance to Daosheen's Chamber.
2) RELIC, THE ARTIFACT CITY: You are after four (4) drops here.
- Dragon Tooth of Ashenback (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.6). This item drops off of Ashenback (Level 80). Clear the area near Ashenback to include the ramp above (before engaging her). Ashenback is perma-rooted and can be debuffed/slowed before the tank actually engages her. Post a good DPS team with slower/healer on the pedestal above where Ashenback is (up the ramps). She has several AoE's that can hit for 3.8K to 5.3K. However, these AoE's are directional. An emote is provided just before they go off and they can be avoided by the tank simply turning Ashenback in one direction or another (so the AoE goes off in a direction away from the main raid forces). Simply keep the raid to one side (rear works best). She also has a DoT that hits for 1K and drops you 600 HP per tick. She ramps and flurries and hits for up to 5K. During the battle, A Magma Cradle (eggs) will spawn on the upper pedestal (they have about 2.5K HP). They need to be killed ASAP, otherwise they will hatch into A Spirit of Flame (Level 73) adds, that have a 1.2K HP AoE and hit for up to 2K. While they can be mezzed with some difficulty, it is better they don't hatch. Leave a good group up top to deal with them (easy kills).
- Dragon Tooth of Shar'Drahn (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.6). This item drops off of Shar'Drahn (Level 80). He has a single target 3,750 HP, a 5K AoE, directional attacks (as above). Deal with him in the same manner as Ashenback. He also has a 1K with 600 per-tick DoT AoE. His AoE ramp can be avoided at max range. He can hit up to 5K. Shar'Drahn is perma-rooted and can be debuffed/slowed before the tank actually engages him. Adds called A Static Charge (Level 65) will spawn during the fight and come down the ramp (the one across from Shar'Drahn). They need to be rooted/snared and/or killed. It is a very good idea to do this, as if they get to Shar'Drahn, a 5K AoE will go off.
- Dragon Tooth of Tsikut (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.6). This item drops off of Tsikut (Level 80). He has a 1,250 DD with 750HP per tick AoE, a single target Slow/Snare, a 5K DD, directional attacks (as above) and 7K DD. Tsikut is perma-rooted and can be debuffed/slowed before the tank actually engages him. Again, put the raid in one place and have the tank turn the MOB based on the emotes, so that the attacks do not hit the raid. There are no adds to deal with on this one.
- Fragment of Porthio`s Shadow Staff (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.6). This item drops off of Nightshade (Level 75) who is part of the Porthio the Second Born (Level 75) event. The general strategy is to have a knight off tank Nightshade with Shaman/Druid healers healing the Knight. General strategy is to kill Nightshade first, as he AoE ramps, has AoE slow/snare/mana drain DoT's and hits up to 3K. Porthio is a straight forward melee. This is a tough battle.
3) ARCSTONE, ISLE OF THE SPIRITS: Go back to Apprentice Mage Sarcrynn.
Give him the items you acquired in Step 2 (you can give them to him individually, as you acquire them, rather than all at once).
You will get the book called Crystals of the Firstborn (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.5) (it isn't a key, it is just Lore).
You now gain the ability to access the instance raid zone of Skylance: Daosheen the Firstborn by way of the NPC Or'Sarro the Youngest (Level 72)!
If you note any errors, misspellings, item name errors, misinformation or anything that needs addressing on this page -- PLEASE let me know via an in-game EQ Message (Bonzz on the Bertoxxulous server), or post on Bonzz's Discord Server!
This Page Last Updated March 16, 2023
This fan site is created and provided free (uncompensated, no ads, no sponsors, no registration / log-in), by Bonzz of Bertoxxulous.
Images / graphics / sounds on this web site are in-game (EverQuest) captures, originate from Sony / Darkpaw / Daybreak Games (EverQuest) and / or with permission from others (if any). Some graphics may be modified (re-sized, cropped, etc.) from their original form.
Any pages that play sounds / music, are intentionally set at low volume. Most of them are under two (2) minutes or less, and should play once and then stop. If any sound / music continues to loop (play over and over), let me know!
EverQuest is copyright / trademark / owned / operated by Darkpaw Games, which is owned / operated by Daybreak Games, which is owned / operated by Enad Global 7.