RUINS OF LXANVOM FLAG
aka Crypt of Decay
There's more than one way, to get into Decay. -- Bonzz
Search Bonzz's Site by typing a keyword(s) in the box below.
This quest is not required for access, as you gain free access to the Crypt of Decay at Level 55.
However, it is part of proper progression / flagging and it does gain you an AA and increase your charm stats (if you have the Intricate Wooden Figurine).
This quest is also known as "Adler's Request."
There is an alternate-access quest (also detailed below) that is not part of Planar Progression (no AA, no Charm upgrade). This quest is commonly called "Grimror's Bug Collection" and gives you a plus-40 Disease Resist clicky!
STATUS: Proper flagging Completed and Verified! Alternate quests unverified!
!!!! QUICK LINKS !!!!!
1) PLANE OF TRANQUILITY: Locate Adler Fuirstel (Level 60), who should be standing right there at the entrance to the Plane of Disease.
Hail him and say, "What Ward?"
2) PLANE OF DISEASE: This is a raid event for up to 72 players.
Go to the top of the Castle and kill Gryme the Crypt Guardian (Level 66, undead) and loot Gryme's Crypt Key (Lore, Magic, No Drop, Temporary, Weight 0.1).
Only one (1) Gryme's Crypt Key is needed for the entire raid force (or group).
3) Use the key to open the castle door and make your way to the Crypt, which is guarded by Aramin the Spider Guardian (Level 68).
You will have to kill Aramin.
4) Now make your way down to Grummus (Level 68 and has nasty DoT's).
You have to kill him!
5) If you win, A Planar Projection (Level 1) will appear.
Everyone needs to hail this MOB.
When they do, they should see a comment (in yellow text) about getting a flag.
6) RUINS OF LXANVOM: Now go on down into the next area and drop into the pit in order to zone into the Ruins of Lxanvom.
7) PLANE OF TRANQUILITY: Then zone out to the Plane of Tranquility.
Return to Adler Fuirstel and hail him.
8) PLANE OF KNOWLEDGE: In the building near the Plane of Tranquility stone, is Seer Mal Nae Shi.
Sit down and hail her. Say to her, "Unlock my memories." This may get you another notation of a character flag.
NOTE: This step may not be unnecessary.
9) PLANE OF TRANQUILITY: In building near the Plane of Nightmare entrance, is what most people call "sick bay."
Inside you will find Elder Fuirstel lying on the ground.
Simply hail him for another flag notation.
10) PLANE OF KNOWLEDGE: In the building near the Plane of Tranquility stone, is Gram Dunnar.
Hail him and say, "I will tell you stories."
This will get you your free AA and charm upgrade!
1) PLANE OF DISEASE: This entire quest takes place in this zone.
This quest allows you the same access as Planar Flagging does, but it does not reward free AA or Charm Upgrades.
You need to hunt and kill the following MOB's for the following drops:
A Harrion Larvae (Level 55) for Harrion Larvae Flesh (Lore, Magic, No Drop, Weight 0.5);
A Scaevian Larvae (Level 55) for Scaevian Larvae Flesh (Lore, Magic, No Drop, Weight 0.5);
A Sengian Larvae (Level 56) for Sengian Larvae Flesh (Lore, Magic, No Drop, Weight 0.5);
A Generian Larvae (Level 56) for Generian Larvae Flesh (Lore, Magic, No Drop, Weight 0.5).
2) Now find Grimror Plaguebringer (Level 60), an Ogre who wonders about the zone.
He can often be seen across the water from the zone in.
Make sure to bring five (5) friends (full group) with you, to share the wealth with them, as the entire group will benefit!
Once you group is assembled, give Grimror the four items above and he will give you a Bangle of Disease Warding (Magic, Lore, No Drop, AC 7, Weight 0.3, Triggered Effect: Resist Disease +40)!
NOTE: This item is technically a key and cannot be worn as a ring, even though it looks like one. Your group mates will only get the alternate access flag, not the ring itself.
NOTE: This quest allows you the same access as Planar Flagging does, but it does not reward free AA or Charm Upgrades.
1) PLANE OF TRANQUILITY: You are here looking for Veriok Dreik (Level 70).
NOTE: In order to do this quest, you must all ready have the flags for Saryrn, Keeper of Sorrows, Terris
NOTE: This quest is a "bypass" quest that gives you the "Grummus" flag.
Hail him and follow along (to make sure flagging is updated properly).
The phrases are "I will help Mylik" and "I understand."
2) RUINS OF LXANVOM: You are here to collect four (4) items as follows:
Orders From Bertoxxulous Pg. 1 (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.1); drops from Overlord Banord Paffa (Level 66) (undead); There are about four (4) MOB's in the room with him; You will need to kill about three (3) waves of these MOB's before he is targetable; He was originally a raid MOB (hits for 900), but is soloable these days;
Orders From Bertoxxulous Pg. 2 (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.1); drops from Warlord Abouu (Level 72) (undead); He was originally a raid MOB (can hit up to 2K), but is soloable these days;
Orders From Bertoxxulous Pg. 3 (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.1); drops from Jerill the Enraged (Level 66); He was originally a raid MOB (can hit up to 1.3K), but is soloable these days;
Orders From Bertoxxulous Pg. 4 (Lore, No Trade, Weight 0.1); drops from Assassin Kakoo (Level 65); He was originally a raid MOB (can hit up to 1.3K), but is soloable these days (has a 2K DD with 40% slow and 150 AC reduction).
3) PLANE OF TRANQUILITY: Head back to Veriok.
Give him the four (4) pages (from Step 2) and he will grant you the bypass Grummus flag.
This does not count as a proper flag for progression.
If you note any errors, misspellings, item name errors, misinformation or anything that needs addressing on this page -- PLEASE let me know via an in-game EQ Message (Bonzz on the Bertoxxulous server), or post on Bonzz's Discord Server!
This Page Last Updated March 5, 2021